Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Exclusive Interview w/ Photographer "Cedrick Sutton"


So I got a connect with a good youth down in Lauderdale, founder "Cedrick Sutton" of Crazyboy Photography.  Cedrick has been putting in work down there in South Florida, shoting with models and a few local and big name artist.

Interview Questions:

-How long have you been doing photography?

Long story short, I started back in high school where I would just take pictures at local clubs and parties of my friends. Before long, I was known as the camera man, posting pictures on myspace from every event me and my homeboys went to. Those were my amateur days. I started pursuing Photography as an art form two years ago, and things have been moving swiftly ever since.
  
-Did you go to school or have any training before getting into photography?

After high school, I decided to take night classes for Photography, teaching me about the formal basics such as exposure, lighting, and of course, Photoshop. I learned a lot and my instructor who is a professional photographer himself, even brought me back to his Studio in downtown Ft. Lauderdale to show me the ins and outs.


-What type of equipment do you use to get the best quality pictures?

Wow, where do I begin? In the studio, depending on the type of shoot, I mainly use two soft box strobe lights, a reflector, a beauty dish, an sometimes a ring flash. Those are just some of my favorite things to use to get the best shot possible.

-What are some major artists and models that you would like to shoot in the future?

One of my favorite musicians that gives me a lot of inspiration when I'm working is Curren$y, so doing a shoot with him would be epic. In the future, I would love to work with the beautiful Victoria Secrets supermodels Candice Swanepoel and Selita Ebanks. Rihanna's energy is dope, and I would love to take pictures of her one day as well.

-What are the big differences of shooting at live performances than shooting one on one w/ someone?

When shooting a live performance, it's all about catching the right moment or movement at the right time, as well as facing different elements such as smoke, colored light strobes, and mass amounts of people. When I shoot someone one on one, especially in the studio, there is a lot more technique and time involved.


- Do you have any events coming up soon that you will be shooting?

I am in the process of talking with a local theater company on taking pictures of their live performances in Miami. I just wrapped up shooting in Orlando for All-Star Weekend.


- Thanks for taking the time out to do this interview. Go ahead and drop some shout outs and any contact info.

Anyone looking for amazing pictures on location, events, or studio work, email me at crazyboyphotos@gmail.com ! Follow me on twitter @crazyboy_ceddy
Check out CrazyBoyPhotography on Facebook!
I would like to shout out the amazingly talented and beautiful Simone King, who told me that I have the talent and that I can really do this. I also would like to shout out a young, talented local rapper by the name of Young Merc, follow him @teentitankidd 



-Shown below is some 
of Cedrick's work